Monday, February 4, 2008

Outted already! Well, somewhat.......

One of my closest friends - a sister actually - called me on Friday evening and was like, "ah ah Kemikal, so you've started blogging?!!" At first, I tried to pretend like I didnt know what she was on about but I couldn't sustain the act for very long. I am the worst liar in the world and this particular sister of mine is like flippin' Miss Marple - you cant hide anything from her for very long!! She gave me props & asked why it took me so long to start a blog. I was very chuffed by her words of encouragement (although she isn't exactly an objective bystander - lol!)

So..... I've been outted - drat!! Well, I did swear her to secrecy and I'm sure she will keep her word. Now that makes 2 people that know who I am and know about my blog. The first one I told and the second one found out on her own. I'm trying to keep this blog anonymous because I want to be free to express myself, share my thoughts/experiences and voice my opinions without feeling self-conscious or fearful that I will somehow offend someone I know. It is not my intention to be hurtful and that is not the purpose of my blog, but when you set out to speak your truth without fear or favour, it is inevitable that you will offend from time to time. My blog will continue to be anonymous and I will never use any identifying details when describing anyone or any situation, however it is a cathartic exercise for me and the only way it can continue to be so is if I can write without worrying about anyone else's opinions or sensibilities.

So anyways, I just said all of that to say this: in the unlikely event that anyone stumbles on this blog and figures out who I am and is offended by anything I've written - my apologies in advance. Please don't take it personally as it is never my intention to offend. That said, it's back to the grind for me - there are many more posts waiting to be churned out. Enjoy!

No comments: