Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day report

My people!!!!!! First, apologies for the long silence. It's been a hectic week at work and I've barely even had time to collect my thoughts. But it's nice to know that I've been missed. Thanks for the shout-outs, Kingsley & Ohmay ;-)

So, not much to report o. Yesterday was Valentine's Day - whatever! I'd actually been dreading it, but it wasn't so bad after all. First of all, I was busy so no time to throw any pity parties. LOL. But seriously, I was in a good place emotionally, as I have been since my birthday pretty much. I just havent allowed any negative thoughts to weigh me down. Last year was annus horribilis - so much upheaval, so much turmoil, so much sadness... Despair, grief, loneliness - they were my constant companions in 2007... Perhaps one day, I will blog about what was going on with me last year, but suffice it to say that I never, ever want to go back to that place of misery again. Never again! So I started 2008 with a determination to be happy, a determination to find peace and contentment within myself... I'm naturally a joyful person and I can usually find a silver lining in every cloud so I'm going back to being myself in 2008. I'm hoping this will be the best year I've had yet but regardless of what the year may bring I will not let go of my faith in God. When all is said and done, that's really all I have.

Anyway, I've digressed... Back to the point. Valentine's Day wasn't so bad after all. I didn't get any secret admirers, any love declarations, any gifts or cards, but no matter, I still had a good day. An old flame had called me the day before to ask me to accompany him to some Valentine's ball that his church is hosting on Friday night. Normally, I would have analyzed & psycho-analyzed his motives for asking me, fretted over his expectations, my expectations... What does this mean, is he trying to get back together with me... endless permutations of worry and second-guessing! But this time, I just decided to live a little! So we're going to the ball tonight and I'm actually looking forward to it. I don't have any expectations of him and hopefully, he doesn't have any expectations of me. We're just going to enjoy each other's company tonight. It should be fun. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Meanwhile, Mr. Isho-giver called me last night to wish me a happy valentine's day. Now this is an aberration on so many levels. In the first place, he & I haven't spoken in well over a week. Secondly, even if I had been speaking to him every day, he's the type of person that would normally go out of his NOT to acknowledge Valentine's Day because he is just contrary like that! So I was definitely surprised at his call. It wasn't until after I got off the phone with him that the penny finally dropped in my mind: this punk was calling just to make sure that I was at home doing nothing on Valentine's Day!! Don't ask me how I know, I just know that's all!!! And I was so mad at myself for not catching on earlier & for unwittingly giving him the satisfaction of knowing that I don't have any serious toasters at the moment! Oshisco!!! I will show that boy pepper o!! LOLL!!!

Actually, I dont even care. Na him sabi. I haven't got time for silly games. This is a new year and a new me. I even have the haircut to prove it ;-) Who no know go soon know..... Me, I'm off to the ball!!!

Have a good weekend y'all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey!
it is good to have you BACK!!!
I have missed reading from you and I am happy that you are alright.
Hmmmm...I can see that you had all the fun on valentine's day such that you even had a spill over- the ball!
Anyway, have fun my dear!

For me, valentine's day was just like every other day! Since my week days are usually free, I had a sumputous meal of movies-Ameircan movies and afterwards, I buried myself behind this 'old faithful machine'(computer. You won't believe that inorder to resisit the temptation to go out, I didn't take my bath until it was bedtime!!!

Well, Valentine has come and gone with the euphoria and excitement but lovers all over the world have woken up to the reality of the moment which stares at them in the face! It isn't just about one day of unrestricted love and affection, it is about the reality of waking up for the rest of your life with this person ALWAYS by your side! How does that sound?
Does it make you fidget? (smile)
*****************************

I have started lectures at Orange Academy and my group "Braco 210" is working on 'Always pad'
I am confident we would emerge the best group in Jesus name + Hard work, Amen!

Anonymous said...

Kemikal o, when are you going to tell us about your ball now? How did it go?