Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Gongo Aso.......

I'm really feeling the song, Gongo Aso by 9ice. I'd never heard of him until I heard his smash hit and I am so loving the song! I listen to it on repeat (loudly!) in the morning when I'm getting dressed for work. My sister-in-law was teasing me the other day because she knows I dont even understand half of what the guy is saying in the song but I jam to it anyway. She's like, for all I know the guy is cursing me and all my ancestors. Apparently, he's speaking Yoruba, but that must be some conc, "ijinle" stuvvs cause I dont know what in the heck he's talking about- lol!! Whatever the case may be, the song is hot- "gongo aso, o ti so, my personality no matter at all.." If you live in Lagos and you havent heard the song, then you have no idea what you're missing. More pertinently - under what rock have you been hiding??!!!!!! Gongo aso is what's up!

The other song I'm feeling at the moment is Ifunaya by P-Square: "all because of Ifunaya, onye mbu n obi, nne biko biko dont go." Another line from the song goes, "my love is knocking at your door, and na so e go dey purshue you dey go, go, go" Talk about lyrics! LOLL!!! I love it!!!!! Again, I dont understand half of the words but who cares? A jam is a jam!!!

So Gongo Aso & Ifunaya are my jams of the moment. What's on your playlist?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Aye a gbo, orun a mo, gongo a so." I love "Gongo Aso." Just so much talent there and the way he uses the Yoruba language, ooooh, I would marry him if I hadn't heard he was getting married already. I have to go listen to "Ifunaya." I have the P2 CD, but I've only really listened to "Do Me" and "No One."

kemikalreactions said...

@Chanteuse: funny, my friend was saying the other day that she loves P-square so much, she's willing to have their babies. I'm like, "which one of them?" and she's like, "either of them or both of them, i don't care!!!" She's too funny!!!!!! And then here you are saying you want to marry 9ice. I guess it really does pay to be a musician, huh? LOLLLL