Wednesday, March 26, 2008

If you're still sittin' down, you're on a loooong ting!!!!!!!!

Ok, I dont quite know what that title has got to do with this post but the thing just cracks me up everytime I hear it so I decided to use it by force! Plus i'm tired of making excuses for my seeming inability to blog on a regular basis so I thought I would distract yall with D'banj-inspired irrelevancies. How does D'banj come up with all these inanities anyway? Kokomaster, kokolettes, no long ting, tongolo! He clearly has a lot of time on his hands. LOL!!!!!

Ok, ok, I see that you all are not the type to be easily distracted. So why havent I blogged in almost a month? Well, as with most things the answer is complicated but the main reason is that we've had serious IT issues at my office lately so I havent been able to get online as regularly as before. And apparently I am not one of those people who can compose a post offline - trust me, I have tried but it appears that my creative juices are conditioned to flow only when I am seated in front of a computer screen that is connected to the internet. Go figure! So bottom line is this: you guys should join me in praying that I get a laptop soon, and one that is hooked up to a reliable internet service provider so that you will never again be deprived of my sunny wit and inspiring rhetoric ;-)

Moving right along...... So what's been happening in my life of late? Not much, I'm afraid. The monotony of my life is really beginning to bother me, actually. It's the same ol' same ol' day in and day out. There's got to be more to life than this. I feel like I'm in limbo, in a holding pattern waiting for something to happen. Perhaps, in the words of one of my sister's friends, "I've got to be more proactive, dammit!" Stop waiting for something to happen and instead make things happen for myself. Sounds like a nice idea, except that I have no clue how to go about that. I'm open to suggestions though - anyone have any ideas on how to generate some (positive) excitement in my life?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Now I understand better why we have not been reading juicy stuffs from the stables of Kemikalreactions!I hope the problem is fixed permanently and that you are back for real!

I quite agree with you on not being able to compose a post offline. My creativity is unleashed whenever I placed my hands of the computer keyboard! I just can't explain why that is...

On how to generate some postive excitements in your life, I will suggest that you keep blogging! I love to read from you!!! Do I sound selfish? Lol..Well, as a matter of fact, get to find out what ignites your pleasure the most. It is a pointer to where your passion lies.

Besides, take yourself out! It could be in the company of other friends but it doesn't really matter! Just make yourself as happy as you can be! Too many of us are busy trying to make money that we forget to live life! Don't just exist, LIVE life! Take charge my lady!

Happy belated Easter celebration! Make sure you send my cake using the courier!

Have you visited my blog lately? You sure would find some positive excitement reading my poems and articles! lol

Anonymous said...

I have been singing Hall & Oates' "She's Gone" for the past 3 weeks. And now she's back! I was so glad to log on today and see that Kemikal is back with her usual dry wit.

At least, your creativity is unleashed when you sit at a computer. I'm a writer who hasn't written anything decent in 10 years. Now try and beat that :)

I hear you about the same ol', same ol' thing. I have complained to anyone who cares to listen about the very same thing.

How for do? Whenever you figure it out, abeg, let a sista know.

itsfun2bme said...

Yippeee!!! Finally you are back. You were missed. Loving the blog and everything Kemikal.

kemikalreactions said...

@Dammy: did Fedex deliver your Easter cake ystdy? If they didnt, go to their office and tell them I sent you!! Dont be dissuaded by any arguments to the contrary, they just want to take what is rightfully yours! Make sure you collect your cake from them o!! LOLL.

@Chanteuse: yes, yes Kemikal is back and back with a bang too!! We have to form a club and generate some excitement for ourselves. I nominate you as the President & General secretary. I will be
member-at-large!

@itsfun2bme: thanks for the warm welcome. I'll stick around if you promise to do the same ;-)