Monday, January 21, 2008

Of issues & non-issues.....

I'm pleased to report that my weekend wasnt so bad after all. The first good thing that happened was that Mr. Isho-giver (by way of explanation: "isho" is the Yoruba word for nail so in my dictionary, an Isho-giver is someone who drives nails into other people or someone who puts a serious dent in another person's self-esteem, you get the picture) called me almost as soon as I put up Friday's post (if I didnt know better, I would swear that he'd somehow found my blog and read that post, but that cant be so we'll just chalk it up to a weird co-incidence). I realize I'm being a bit long-winded today - my apologies :-) So back to the subject at hand... he called and even though I knew he would call eventually, it still took me by surprise when I saw his number on my caller ID. He tried to make some small talk but I was rather aloof so he just launched into this explanation about why he had to turn down my date. I will spare you the details. Suffice it to say that we ironed things out somewhat. I am still a bit miffed at him, but whatever. I can tell that he's going to be in my life for a while to come. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing remains to be seen...

So what else did I get up to this weekend? Oh, on Saturday I got a hair cut. For those who know me, this is a pretty huge deal because my hair was rather long (by Nigerian standards, I guess). But I decided I wanted a change & I absolutely LOVE the cut! My friends & relatives are still in mourning but me I'm reveling in my new look. I dont even know why Nigerians place such a value on long hair in women. It's only hair, for crying out loud!! People say I only have that attitude because I have naturally long hair and if I struggled to grow it like most then I would appreciate it more. Puh-lease!! Hair is one of those things that you dont have to worry about - if it ain't growing & you want it that badly, then go buy you some! Easy-peasy, problem solved!! But if you're height-challenged (like I am, ahem!!) then you have real issues because as far as I know, there is no market where one can go to buy inches to add to their height. All the high-heels in the world cannot change the fact that I am short! I just end up looking like a short woman on stilts, with achy feet to compound it all! I beg, give me height over hair any day! So that's my rant of the day. I am enjoying my new, shorter hair and the confidence I have in my new look has added a nice spring to my step (see now, that's what I call a two-for-one! LOLLL)

It's going to be a good week o - I can just feel it in my bones!

1 comment:

Colorful Simplicity - said...

First off, loving your blog. I just started blogging too so we can bounce off each other if you don't mind. :)

Next, a note on your last post. Girl, what are you on about? Guys love petite girls! Plus, most of my petite friends look better in most clothes than "other" girls do.

Now, a girl with no hair (except she can pull off the bald look) or a girl with bad hair? Well, good luck to finding a man who wants to show that off.

My hair is above average - not long but very healthy and I sure know how to rock it. I do have to often go the extra mile to make it look stunning. But I wish it just looked stunning without the weekly $60 to $80 maintenance fee :)

So, (sorry I'm being long winded, my boyfriend hates that about me), I back all your friends and fam that say, "It's because you have it that you don't appreciate it".