Friday, January 11, 2008

Finally.....

So I've finally decided to start blogging. There have been a couple of false starts in the past but this time, I will go through with it. I wonder why it's taken me this long to get started. Anyone who knows me would have expected that I would have been among the first wave of ardent bloggers not just because I love to write but also because I maintained a very active website at one point in my life. But no matter, I'm on it now and there's no looking back!

So who am I? Well, first off, this is an anonymous blog so I won't be revealing any personally identifying details here. Having said that here's a bit about my background: I'm a young woman, in my early 30s, single, no kids... I was born and raised in Lagos, Nigeria but left after secondary (high) school to continue my higher education in the United States. I lived in the States and in the UK for a total of 10 years before finally moving back home. I am now working in the media industry, in a job that appears to be very glitzy and glamorous but is actually quite shitty in real terms...

Now that you know who I am (somewhat) the obvious question would be: what am I doing in "blogsville"? Well as I said earlier, I love to write so it makes sense that blogging would be a natural fit for me. But more than that, I sense that I am at a crucial point in my life. A lot has been happening of late, and there are a lot of important decisions that I am about to take and I just want to document this period for posterity. Writing helps me view the facts objectively and also gives me a reference point for my experiences. Basically, this blog is a documentary of sorts - lets just hope it doesn't bore you poor readers to death!

No comments: